Update(4th October 2015): Additional steps
- Disable the google app from settings (that will uninstall the app)
- Restart the phone
- Enable and update to most recent
- Make sure the google search & now settings as intact as listed below
- Reboot the device
I hadn’t had issues with voice search popping up while the headphone plugged in once after the above method(s) applied. Once again am not guaranteeing that every smartphone will get benefited with the above hacks.
Constantly getting a fit because your google voice search pop-ups frequently whenever you plug in a headphone? Are you using Lollipop? Try the following. Try to follow the instructions given below. I don’t guarantee this workaround mentioned with few of the android tech sites going to workout for everyone and for every device running lollipop. I am using Micromax Silver 5 running a forked(?) version of Cynogenmod ROM (I believe). Yet, there is nothing wrong giving it a try, right?
- Long press an empty area of one of your home screen
- touch the 3 dots in pyramid formation
- Should bring up the following screen
- Default the Search Bar comes as ON, turn it off
- Go to google app settings and touch “Voice” tab
- Touch “Ok Google” Detection
- Make sure your settings are something like below
this should do the trick, or minimum it has worked for me so far. I am yet to go on a longer drive. If the voice pop-up happens, I think I will brick this phone with a brick.